Posted on: March 17, 2009 9:37 am

AIG, Obama, and Plot to Take Change America?

AIG, where do I begin.  I had a lot to say about AIG and the bonuses originally.  But the more I thought about it, the more I realized there is no way possible, that these bonuses were a surprise to Washington.  It is simply beyond comprehension that Obama, Geithner, no one, looked into AIG's contracts before issuing  billions more tax payer dollars.  This was a calculated ploy to serve the purpose of a larger agenda.

The latest bailout is issued, with Washington now consuming about 80% of AIG stock.  I would say the tax payer, but we all know you and I have no stock in AIG, so we say Washington.  This comes at roughly the end of the first quarter, a time when bonuses are paid out.  The money comes in and AIG moves to pay out it's $160,000,000 in contractually bound bonuses.  All of a sudden the wheels come to a screeching halt.  There is Obama, Geithner, Como and dozens of others screaming about the outrage of this. 

Whose surprised by this?  I am not.  AIG, a failed company is continuing it's failed practices.  But in doing so, breaking no terms of the bailout issued to them.  GM execs and the UAW had to restructure their contracts to receive bailout money.  Why was AIG different?  Because AIG is the worlds largest insurer.  Now the plot thickens.  Why could a democrat administration possibly be interested in AIG.  As mentioned, 80% is now under Washington control, and they want the other 20%.  Total seizure for AIG stock to run the company as they see fit.  And how would a Democrat led Washington run AIG?  The beginning of a social juggernaut that liberals have been preaching for for 30 years, and now have to opportunity to unleash. 

The seeds of universal healthcare have already been planted.  AIG will serve as anchor to launch a far more compressive program.  And universal healthcare is only the beginning.  With the federal government seizing more and more power than ever before, we are now facing a massive redefinition of America.  With the new tax credit structure, we are looking at expanding the percent of the population that pays $0 in net income tax from 38% to 50%.  For the first time in U.S. History, we are going to be looking at a voting majority that does not have any financially vested interest in the running, maintenance or execution of the Federal Government.  I wonder what way that growing majority will vote?  Worse yet, the American people seem perfectly happy to surrender their freedoms and entrust all in the shrine of Obama.  The real legacy of Bush's failed presidency.  Wake up America, the rug is being pulled from under our feet, and once gone, it will never, ever be put back.


Category: SPiN
Posted on: November 18, 2008 11:34 am

America First, or last?

The big upturn in the U.S. economy was due to technology.  Advances in computer and electronic technology launched a consumer spending boom.  All of a sudden people saw amazing changes in computers, video games, phones, T.V.'s car luxuries, and everything else with an electronic component.  With more money being spent, more jobs were created, stocks rose, in short prosperity. 

Then globalized markets came.  Jobs outsourced, China came onto the world stage, manufacturing stalled, and consumer confidence crashed.  This was followed up by two wars, the Housing crash, and a subsequent stock market fall. 

Today we face a new challenge.  We have a 10 trillion dollar deficit, manufacturing makes up only 10% of U.S. jobs, we are tied down in two wars, have an energy crisis.  China has become the worlds largest creditor, manufacturer, and boasts a 262 billion dollar trade surplus.  Add to this the impending import of Chinese cars into the U.S. (the nail in the coffin for U.S. car manufacturers).   And now China is poised to soon begin the construction and export of commercial aircraft. 

The United States is in peril.  "Our", and I use the world painfully, newly elected president needs to focus on the task at hand, and not social justice.  People are hurting, but things are guaranteed to get worse.  Throwing a Band-Aid on the wound is not the answer, we need to change the entire course of the nation.  The United States needs a long term policy change on economics.  Globalization has been the death to American Industry.  What The United States needs is a Nationalization of American pride.  Re-imposing of tariffs on imports.  Harsh prosecution of white collar crimes.  And the removal of U.S. troops and dollars in non-U.S. interests.  American needs to follow, in part, the example that China showed us.  That is a United States First policy to rebuild our economy and strengthen our financial security.  Anything less is a waste.

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of CBS Sports or CBSSports.com